Monday, March 1, 2010

Show Eating My Life

One of my favorite blogs to read is FAIL Blog, however, I'm not proud that my blog has turned into a FAILed blog. Despite the best laid plans, life always seems to get in the way.

Brief update from my thumbs as I type all this on my phone:

Spent 2 1/2 weeks exploring a loop around the Southwest.


I went to 8 stunning National Parks,

4 states,


10 cities,


saw many old friends





and made many new ones.





Took pictures galore and hope to share more of them in the future.

For now, I'm back in Tucson, AZ. I'm working with Wolfe Bowart


and an awesome crew


to put up a really neat, original physical theatre piece: The Man The Sea Saw. In addition to being hired as a "stagehand", other duties (yes I said duty) include: seamstress, prop builder,


counterweight, and most excitingly Puppetteer.




We go up this Friday and the production has taken on a life of it's own by sucking the life from the rest of us. (And extracting some blood and many blisters in the process).


Chris and I are regularly at the studio until 1am and Wolfe is working until the wee hours on sound; effects, music and layering.

I got back to Tucson on Feb 21, and haven't come up for air since. But just now I feel like I'm finally starting to have the show sink into my soul. I'm thinking like a seal (one of my puppets).


Every action I make is accompanied by a theme song and sound effects, it's actually quite fun. A couple days ago I felt like I was drowning because I was in so deep over my head. But I've slipped into it, accepted it; and I know we'll succeed in putting up a magical show.

To check it out for yourself go to www.spoontree.com or www.themantheseasaw.com




- Posted from the road

Location:E Waverly St,Tucson,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment